Thursday, November 9, 2017

Intersectionality

I have a fascination with how people work. I love talking to people and getting to know how their thought process works. That's why I'm so drawn to psychology and it's my intended major. I have two things that will make it slightly harder to get my career job though. One is that I am a woman, the second I am African american. These two things can make it hard if not impossible to get the dream job I want without incredible hard work. My dream is to work in a hospital which is even more competitive which mean I have to work even harder to be able to compete in the field. 

Although I have to work really hard to get the job I want, I will be able to get into the field. Since I am a woman and African american I will be more likely to get scholarships for school. Schools will be more likely to accept me since they want a "diverse" campus. So, even though my gender and ethnicity can be hindrances they can have some good points too. 

1 comment:

  1. Why is the field of psychology so competitive, do you think?

    ReplyDelete