Friday, September 15, 2017

Feminist Stance

Feminist Stance


When growing up I lived in a culture where women are image to be the stereotypic women who stays home watches the kids, clean the house and cook. When I was growing up I saw that my parents would always make sure my siblings would help clean and cook. I now understand why feminist fight, they fight for their rights, money wage, and many more. When we look at the outside of how they react, they seem to be very furious, and violent. But look a little inside of how they were treated, and who they fight for, you’ll understand why they are furious. I’ve learn that women has been fighting for their rights for awhile now. It is depressing to image about how our society treated and viewed women. To this day I feel that many people still have the image that women shouldn’t be able to go out, vote, instead they should just sit in a home and be a “good” housewife. I’ve also learned that many women celebrities have also contributed to this women’s right movement by educating those who are unaware of the situation. But if you look around, you'll see that some of feminist protesting actually worked, women now have the right to vote, they aren't discriminated base on their gender because of laws which they help made. In many ways I see improvements but I believe that the image of where women taking care of the house will never

My goals for this course would be to be able to understand why women are treated the way they are, what makes a man better than a women. I want to also learn how it feels to be image to sit home and do the “dirty” work. Why man thought that it was wrong for women to work in factories. Most of all, I want to learn why in today’s society they are still image, and treated with disrespect.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not really sure I understand what you're trying to say here, how you word things is very confusing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious if the boys and girls in your family helped out with cooking and cleaning around the house. Sometimes that's a place where we can see folks being treated differently because of their gender.

    You raise an interesting point about the perception of feminists as angry, and realizing that they have reason to be angry. Why do you think women are discredited when they are seen as angry?

    ReplyDelete