Monday, September 18, 2017

Feminist Stance

My earliest exposure to feminism was in high school. Predominately my junior and senior year. There were three girl in my class that were very passionate about the cause. One girl even left a room crying because a boy in the class insulted her stance on feminism. I never liked the word feminism. To me it always reminded me of those three girls that were very intense about the cause. They even wore sweatshirts that even said "Woman are the Future". If anyone asked me what I thought of feminism I always said I was an egalitarian. I understand now that feminism isn't woman trying to turn the tides of society and make woman the dominate sex. Which is what I thought it was for a long time. I see it's just like egalitarianism. 

Now, goals for the class. I don't really have any. I just want to learn and have a nice time discussing things. I mostly took the class because the class discussed things that my school in a way ignored. So I wanted to expose myself to things I never experienced before.


3 comments:

  1. I'm curious about how your classmates were treated, and what, if anything the teachers did when things came up in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frequently would you say you discussed feminism in high school, and is there anything in specific that caught your eye when talking about feminism?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound like people I'd probably not wanna hang around
    I hate dragging attention to myself like that, especially around something so controversial

    ReplyDelete